Thursday, November 15, 2012

Sweet Christmas Candy


Whether we like it or not, Christmas is right around the corner. I've been trying to decide what I want to make as my Christmas cards this year and I have been having a hard time narrowing down my options. One option I came up with is this:



I really think it turned out pretty cute and it's super simple to make. I just stamped the candy piece from the Sweets for the Sweet stamp set in Real Red ink onto Whisper White card stock then punched out the shapes using a 1" circle punch. I stamped the "merry" sentiment from the Border Banter stamp set using Pool Party ink. I also punched out a strip of Real Red card stock using the Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch to use as my small scallop layer on the bottom. I adhered the candy pieces to the white card stock using Stampin' Dimensionals so that the candies popped off the card. To finish it off I added a few rhinestones for a little winter shine. Pretty simple. One thing I would like to try is to stamp the sentiment in Basic Gray ink  instead of the Pool Party ink. It certainly would stand out more. If I have a chance I'm going to give it a try.

As far as making your cards, my suggestion is not to wait too long before getting a jump on those Christmas cards. December is just a couple weeks away! If you would like to schedule class time with me, please contact me as soon as you possibly can. I have several dates available but my classes are filling fast.

call or text: 919-492-8257
email: lexandcompany@gmail.com

Of course with all of my classes you are encouraged to invite family and friends. Just contact me for all the details and available class times!

Supplies
Stamps
Border Banter clear mount #128930  or wood mount #128927
Sweets for the Sweet clear mount #122512 or wood mount #122510
Ink
Real Red Stampin' Pad #126949
Pool Party Stampin' Pad #126982
Paper
Real Red Card Stock #102482
Pool Party Card Stock #122924 
Whisper White Card Stock #100730
Other
Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch # 119275
1-inch Circle Punch #119868
Basic Rhinestones Jewel Accents #119246
Stampin' Dimensionals #104430

Happy Creating!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Friendly feedback is always welcome!