Sunday, October 14, 2012

It's An Alien Invasion!


I had an alien invasion! Okay not literally. I hosted a Halloween workshop yesterday in my home. I had several card samples that I had intended to make with my group (one sample was the Halloween Pennants and another one is the witch card from my Something Sketchy post) but this card won the hearts of my attendees so we just made a bunch of these:


I am glad that this little guy is adored by more than just me. I don't think it's the alien as much as it is the googly eyes that made this card the unanimous winner. Either way I do think he's way cute.

Now, here's why I like working with other crafters. I love to see how they can take my sample and turn it into their own. Take my new friend Juliet. She's so cute. She's semi-new to the whole card making thing so every time we make a project together she says, "Can I use this side of the paper [as opposed to the side I used in the sample]?" or "Can I use a different color?" Of course you can! That's what handmade crafts are all about - it's your way to showcase your personality. So, with my encouragement here's what she came up with:




They aren't radically different from my sample but they are a different. I love that she made these her own. I hope her friends appreciate the effort and creativity that went into making these cuties.Thanks, Juliet, for another fun day!

Supplies:
Blast Off Stamp Set  Clear Mount or Wood Mount
 Basic Grey Card Stock 
Lucky Limeade Card Stock
Tangerine Tango Card Stock  
Houndstooth & Scaringbone Designer Series Paper or Digital Download (digital is what I used here)
Designer Series Paper Patterns Stack Brights Collection
Lucky Limeade Stampin' Pad
Window Frames Collection Framelits Dies
Googly eyes
Stampin Dimentionals

Don't forget about your alien loved ones!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Friendly feedback is always welcome!