Friday, September 28, 2012

Moving Forward & Ronald McDonald House


Oh my goodness. I cannot believe I have been missing since mid-July. Apparently life got busy. My sister did deliver two healthy girls at the beginning of August and I most definitely will be posting pictures of my two new loves. I just wish I could snuggle them and love on them right now. Babies are so precious!

Moving Forward Clear-Mount Stamp Set

Anyhoo, I had a play date with some of my girlfriends recently and we made several cards but I wanted to focus on one stamp set in particular: the Moving Forward stamp set. While I find the set absolutely adorable, there's actually a little more to it. By purchasing this stamp set you can not only bring joy to others by using this set to make beautiful and fun cards and gifts but you can also help people in need. With each purchase of the Moving Forward stamp set, Stampin' Up! will donate $3 to Ronald McDonald House Charities. What could be better?!

The card we made at our get together using these stamps I guess I'll refer to as the frog card. I just think he's so cute. Who wouldn't enjoy a little frog hoppin' by to say "Hi?" For the card, I started with an Island Indigo card base and ran it through the Big Shot with the Chevron Embossing Folder. I then cut a strip of the Daffodil Delight Polka Dots Parade Designer Series Paper and trimmed one end to give it the "V" shape/flag shape/banner shape. (So many terms!) I then cut a piece of Whisper White Card Stock, stamped my frog and curly trail using Lucky Limeade ink, then stamped the "hello, dear friend" sentiment in Island Indigo on Real Red card stock. This card is a great way to use up some of those paper scraps you didn't have the heart to throw away but weren't sure what to do with. You know you've got 'em. I finished the card off with some Lucky Limeade ruffle ribbon and a couple pearls and there you have it - ultra cuteness!


This next card I made just because I just wanted to make something else with this stamp set. I am kinda loving this whole bicycle theme I've been seeing everywhere. I'm not sure why I like it so much but I'm going with it. For this particular card I decided to use the 2012-2014 In Colors. I started with a Midnight Muse card base; using the 1" circle punch, punched out three circles in Primrose Petals; used the Scallop Border Punch for the side border in Gumball Green; used Raspberry Ripple to frame out the bicycle stamp which I stamped on Whisper White in Basic Black ink. To finish it off I freehandedly punched the holes in the Primrose circles using the piercing tool,  added a couple butterflies from the Beautiful Wings butterfly die using Summer Starfruit Card Stock and a small bow using the White Bakers Twine. Not too complicated but pretty darn cute!


Supply List for Frog Card:
 Moving Forward Stamp Set (clear mount: #126322  wood mount: #126320)
Island Indigo Card Stock
Real Red Card Stock
Whisper White Card Stock
Polka Dot Parade DSP
Chevron Embossing Folder
Island Indigo Ink
Lucky Limeade Ink
Lucky Limeade Ruffle Ribbon
Basic Pearl Jewel Accents

Supply List for Bike Card:
Moving Forward Stamp Set (clear mount: #126322  wood mount: #126320)
2012-2014 In Colors multi pack 
Basic Black Stampin' Pad
Beautiful Wings butterfly die
Piercing Tool
1" Circle Punch
Scallop Border Punch
White Bakers Twine

Happy Creating!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Friendly feedback is always welcome!